Saturday, July 31, 2004
The last two months flew by without a thank-you to new links to this site, for which I am very sorry! So here's a second-quarter report on the blogs that have added a link to Philocrites. Many thanks to each of you!
If I have failed to notice your link, drop me a line. (If you are a Unitarian Universalist and would like to join the ranks of UU bloggers, add your name to my guide to UU blogs.) You may also wonder how I find out about links to this site. Some people e-mail me to tell me about their site, or they leave a URL ("http://...") when they leave a comment here. But I also check Technorati, Blogshares, the Blogging Ecosystem (where I'm now a "flappy bird"), and Site Meter — each of which, in its own way, tracks who links to whom. Without further ado, thanks to:
- beppeblog — "a simple blog about Quakerism, religion, politics, culture, sexuality, health, tutti italiani, & me," by Joe G.
- C101 alumni — "a collaborative blogging project by the alumni of Campaign 101 to speak out with youth perspectives on policy and politics," including tsuredzuregusa and The Carltones
- The Comeback Kid — "In this corner of the ring, pagan commentary and opinionatin' from an ex-coven priestess and ex-occult shop proprietor who has decided to put her gloves back on and give the pagan thing one more shot, a little older and, possibly, a little wiser this time around," by Jacqueline Waters
- Mystery of a Shrinking Violet — "musings, reviews, and writings of Barbara W. Klaser"
- Transparent Eye — "A spiritual blog favoring non-doctrinaire, open-minded belief, inspired by Ralph Waldo Emerson, William James, and Carl Jung," by my friend Rick Heller
- Unity — "Examining things Liberal, Christian, and, of course, Liberal Christian from the ecumenical perspective of the Eliot Church of Natick, MA," by my friend the Rev. Adam Tierney-Eliot
As for the monthly traffic report — which I've also forgotten to post for a few months — here's the skinny: The number of unique visitors has dropped off from April's high of 4,062 to just over or under 3,500 in each of the last two months, but the number of visits has continued to rise, from 8,743 in April to 10,752 in July. (I interpret this trend to mean that people are returning to follow conversations in the comments more. I also suspect that more people are reading posts using aggregators.) I like the slow-growth approach as I have never been eager for a sudden surge into the big leagues because, frankly, I barely have time to keep up with my site as it is.
A few other housekeeping details: I've managed to keep comment spam to a minimum by updating MT-Blacklist twice a week, blocking 36 separate attacks this month. And the new advertising here, using Google's Adsense program, has been up and running for two full months now, generating a very modest 35 cents a day — woohoo! — which should just about cover the cost of operating the site. Of course, the more often you click those little ads, the more pennies come my way, so don't be shy!
Thanks for your visits and feedback to this site. You make my work worthwhile.
Copyright © 2004 by Philocrites | Posted 31 July 2004 at 10:06 PM